How to Apply
The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena accepts non-immigrant visa applications on Monday and Tuesday mornings between 9:00 and 12:00. Applicants are then interviewed on Wednesdays between 10:00 and 12:00 or Thursdays between 10:00 and 12:00. Visa pick-up will be Thursdays afternoon or Fridays between 9:00 – 12:00; you must come to the consular section to pick up your visa. Information sheets are available at the Embassy reception booth in both French and English. The visa application (DS 160) and processing fee is USD 160.00, payable in either USD or the equivalent CFA; all fees must be paid on Monday and Tuesday during the application acceptance hours. Visa reciprocity fees applicable to certain countries are paid at the time of interviews.
The Embassy only issues non-immigrant visas. Immigrant visas, including the Diversity Visa Lottery, for Chadian citizens are processed at the U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Additional information on both non-immigrant and immigrant visas can be obtained from the Department of State’s travel website, http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html. Information specific to immigrant visas can also be found at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website, http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-130.pdf (PDF format)
For your Visa Application – USE DS-160 Electronic Visa Form
Follow these Procedures:
- Visit: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
- Read the instructions before you begin filling out the form;
- Choose the location you would like to submit your application (for example: N’Djamena/Chad for applicants from Chad);
- Fill it out on the computer and review the information you entered for accuracy;
- Save your work as often as you can (Click on SAVE then SAVE TO FILE);
- Sign your application (press Sign your application);
- Press ‘Submit application’ at the end of the form;
- Print the confirmation page with a barcode;
- Please do not fold the printed confirmation page;
- Walk in between 09h00 - 12h00 on Monday and Tuesday with your confirmation page, photo (color photo: 5cm x 5cm on a clear background), passport & supporting documents plus $160.00 Fees or the equivalent in local currency.
Note: Failure to sign the application may result in a termination of the application.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.