OPEN TO: All interested candidates
POSITION: Grounds-Keeper/Custodial Foreman, FSN-6
OPENING DATE: June 13, 2012
CLOSING DATE: June 26, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: *Ordinarily Resident (OR): FCFA 4,569,810 per annum Starting salary at Position Grade: FSN-6
LENGTH OF HIRE: One (1) Year plus nine renewable
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Chad is seeking for one (1) individual for the position of Grounds- Keeper/ Custodial Foreman in the Facility Maintenance Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Supervises gardeners and custodial staff for all Embassy owned and leased properties. Incumbent is directly supervised by the Facility Maintenance Supervisor.
A copy of the complete description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact extension 4118.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Secondary School education is required.
Three (3) years of progressively more responsible supervision experience in grounds keeping such as gardening, landscape maintenance, janitorial and supervision are required.
Level II English and level III French are required.
S/he must have demonstrable knowledge in supervision and in grounds keeping and cleaning, including knowledge of cultivation techniques of local plants, use of gas powered, electric, and unpowered tools, soil testing and plant fertilization, pruning and trimming techniques, installation and use of automatic watering systems, and appropriate cleaning methods and techniques.
5. Skills and abilities:
In addition to technical skills, the incumbent must be able to supervise staff, including performance management and discipline, schedule and plan work projects for adequate staffing and supplies, prepare reports, and have a current driver’s license.
When fully qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs), and US Veteran applicants are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently in a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following prior to the closing date to be considered.
DS-174, Universal Application for Employment (UAE);
- Sections 1 -24 of the Universal Application for Employment along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet;
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE, including:
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for Work
E. First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
H. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes or No; if yes, provide number)
I. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification Number
J. Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
K. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
L. If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, Driver’s License Class / Type
M. Days available to work
N. List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S. Government (include their Name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
O. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
Q. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
R. Language Skills
S. Work Experience
- A photocopy of your valid driver’s license must be attached to the application.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
Failure to include the requested information and documents will result in an incomplete application and you will not be considered for this position. Do not submit any additional documents until requested. Documents other than those requested above will be shredded. All documents will become the property of US Embassy N’Djamena and will not be returned to the applicant.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Tel: 2251 7009
Fax: 2251 5654
POINT OF CONTACT
Attention: Mayakoub, Rimtebaye
Telephone: 2251-7009 Extension 4118
The US Mission in Chad provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Approved: Lora West, HRO
Cleared: Deubel, Andrew j
Draft: Nagassou F. Raoul, HR/A